Java Backend Developer
Subaio gives bank customers control of their recurring expenses. In a world where you can get everything from music and film to razor blades and cars as a subscription, bank customers crave an overview of their recurring expenses. This type of data insight delivers a lot of other use cases both for the bank and its customers – everything from switching to a better deal, getting approved for a loan and much more. This is what we do at Subaio. We’re on a mission of giving bank customers full control of their recurring expenses.
We’re looking for like-minded souls that want to join us on this mission. We’re a well-funded fintech with over 40 employees growing fast and getting customers even faster. We’re already live with some of the biggest and most innovative banks in Europe like Nordea, Lunar, ABN AMRO and many more.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Java Backend Developer that can help us scale, extend our APIs, and improve our product. We already have a best-in-class product, but as we expand into new markets and new products we need to stay ahead in the game. That’s where you come in!
You will be part of a five-person developer team who has the responsibility of building, improving and maintaining our product. We have minimal overhead and bureaucracy as we want the developer teams to be able to focus on development.
During a typical workday you will:
- Architect, design and implement scalable and robust components, features, and systems in Java.
- Identify and analyze backend requirements.
- Participate in new product and feature development.
Worth applying if?
- You are pragmatic, but strive for maintainable and clean code.
- You care deeply about the team, have the ability to ‘take the lead’, and not be afraid of taking initiatives.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something on a daily basis.
- You are proficient in English.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent.
- You have strong, solid Java qualifications
- You have experience with Gitlab and Slack, or similar tools.
Your education is not as important as your experience. You can come from a pure developer background with a passion for data or a data scientist background with strong Java development skills. But most importantly you need to be ready to have fun. Because it’s going to be a rollercoaster where the aim is to expand to all the European countries!
Have you heard of us?
We are fast becoming the leading Fintech within Subscription Management. We believe in giving our employees the freedom to do their best, no strict rules, and the right work-life balance. Subaio was founded in Aalborg, Denmark, in 2016 by Thomas Kjølby Laursen (CEO) and Brian Jorgensen (CTO), with the purpose to create products and services that simplify people’s lives by empowering them to make smarter choices about their subscriptions.
If you want to be a part of a team that builds scalable systems that make a difference in people’s lives, apply now!